You will find past Webinars & past CME Webinars below. Click on the webinar image to view.
All CME Webinars have a pay-per-view fee the same as the original registration fee.
MDs, PAs, & RNs – Please note:
“CME WEBINAR“: You can receive (2) CME credits (Fully accredited Category One CME credits) for viewing any of these recorded Webinars IF they are indicated as a “CME WEBINAR” for a small fee as shown. Fees vary.
“WEBINAR“: Webinars indicated as “WEBINAR” are FREE informational webinars. NO CME CREDITS are offered for viewing these webinars.
Questions? Contact: [email protected]rg to receive your (2) Category One CME credits.
The public is welcome to view any webinar. Pay-per-view fees apply to public viewing also.
AN INFORMAL CONVERSATION WITH ASPEN NEUROSCIENCE
Damien McDevitt, PhD
(CEO Aspen Neuroscience, Board Director)
Edward Wirth, III, MD, PhD
(Chief Medical Officer, Aspen Neuroscience)
- Topics include:
- Autologous Dopamine Neuron Replacement Therapy
- Updates on the Summit-launched research project
- Report on progress towards FDA approved clinical trials
- MODERATOR: Jeanne F. Loring, PhD
- (May 11, 2021)
- Fee: FREE
UNDERSTANDING STEM CELL THERAPIES in PARKINSON’S DISEASE: The Road Ahead
Featuring: Claire Henchcliffe, MD, DPhil
(Chair & Stanley van den Noort Professor of Neurology, University of California, Irvine.)
- Rapid advances in stem cell biology have provided great optimism for the potential for human pluripotent stem cell-based therapies in PD. With trailblazing clinical trials starting in the 1980’s came the realization that new sources of purity high quality cells are a critical need. This presentation focuses on overcoming these barriers, and how cell therapy in PD has been thrust to the forefront of regenerative medicine. In particular, we will discuss the future trajectory and broader scope of what is needed for those with PD, including individualized treatment, enhancing safety, & long term follow up.
- STEM CELLS 101 & MODERATOR: Jeanne F. Loring, PhD
- (April 27, 2021)
- Pay-per-view fee: $35.00
UNDERSTANDING STEM CELL THERAPIES: Separating HOPE from HYPE – Elevate your understanding of regenerative medicine (stem cells) & enhance you ability to separate HOPE from HYPE.
THE HYPE presented by, Zubin Master, PhD (Assoc. Professor of Biomedical Ethics, Biomedical Ethics Research Program & Center for Regenerative Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.)
THE HOPE presented by Jane S. Lebkowski, PhD,
(President, Regenerative Patch Therapies – RPT)
STEPS TO MAKE A SAFE CHOICE, STEM CELLS 101, & MODERATOR: Jeanne F. Loring, PhD
- (February 24, 2021)
Pay-per-view fee: $35.00
INNOVATIVE RESEARCH: THE QUEST FOR A PARKINSON’S CURE
Where are researchers? And…Identifying the Cornerstones for Disease Modification. Universal Approach (Rescue Therapy) vs Individual Approach (Cure)
Featuring: Alberto Espay, MD, MSc, FAAN, FANA
(Professor & Endowed Chair of the James J. & Joan J. Gardner Center for Parkinson’s disease, Univ. of Cincinnati)
FDA’s efforts to address unmet medical needs.A look at the argument in favor of (1) a universal approach of soluble protein replacement as “rescue” therapy and (2) an individualized approach targeting the molecular biology of individuals, as a true “cure”.
- Moderator: Jeanne F. Loring, PhD | Stem Cells 101
- (January 27, 2021)
Pay-per-view fee: $35.00
- CME WEBINAR
THE FDA & STEM CELLS & THE CLINICAL TRIAL PROCESS: Expectations and concerns of the FDA
Featuring: Peter Marks, MD, PhD
(Director, Center for Biologics Evaluation & Research, FDA)
- FDA Clinical Trials Process for regenerative medicine.
- FDA’s efforts to address unmet medical needs.
- Overview on Stem Cell Tourism.
- (November 18, 2020)
- Pay-per-view fee: $45.00